Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Capture Your Grief Day 28: Special Place

This post is part of Carly Marie's Capture Your Grief.

This could be your baby’s place of rest. If they do not have a grave, maybe you have a special place that you associate with your baby. A place you go to, to remember them. Where is it? Why did you choose that particular place?


My kids do not have a physical, special place that I go to remember them. I remember them all the time, no matter where I am.

Oscar and Bella were cremated. They each have a glass pendant, in which their ashes are infused. The pendants are worn by the bears we received from the hospital where they were born. The remaining ashes are in an urn on our mantle. Tittle was reabsorbed by my body during the continuation of his and Gus' pregnancy. Firefly, well, we know what happened to Firefly. Since none of my kids are buried, we don't have a grave site to visit.

We do have the bench at the zoo with their names on it, but there are many, many kids names on the benches, so it's not specifically their bench, and I don't feel any closer to them there than I do anywhere else.

I guess the special place that I associate with my kids is inside me. My children are always with me. I'm always thinking of them. I'm always loving them. I'm always missing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment