Saturday, June 11, 2022

Firefly's 9th

 Yesterday was 9 years since it was confirmed we would not be bringing home another baby.  We watched a family movie after dinner (Upside Down Magic), Lucy wrote a note that she burned in the fire, an then we roasted marshmallows and had s'mores. It wasn't s huge thing, but it was what we could do this year.

Sparklers, like we've done in years past, just didn't feel right to me this year, so that's why we did the fire and s'mores. I loved that Lucy wrote her own note to Firefly, but it makes me sad that this is Lucy's reality. That she has a mom who misses other children. That she has siblings she will never get to know.

Firefly, I hope you felt our love yesterday, and every day. I hope you are happy with how we honored you yesterday. I love you. Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment