- August 2005: Marry Jon, knowing we want to wait at least two years before trying for kids.
The events below are covered in more detail on Oscar & Bella--My Pair of Giraffes
- February 2008: Go off birth control
- May 2008: Referred to an OB where we did 4 rounds of clomid
- November 2008: Referred to an RE. Infertility diagnosis--irregular cycles and anovulation
- December 2008: We find out that I don't respond to the maximum doses clomid or femara and move on to Follistim injections.
- January 2009: Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome (OHSS) and a negative pregnancy test
- March 2009: Follistim Injections and double Intrauterine Insemination (IUI)
- April 2009: We're pregnant!
- May 2009: We're carrying 4 children. One week later we can only find three heartbeats during an ultrasound (u/s)
- June 2009: Meet with the Maternal Fetal Medicine doctors. Have a selective reduction from triplets to twins.
- July 2009: My first son and daughter, Oscar and Bella, are born at 17w6d. They each lived for 10 minutes before their hearts stopped.
The events below are covered in more detail on Tittle--My Sneaky Hummingbird
- November 2009: Receive signs from our twins that they're ready for us to try again, so we return to the RE.
- December 2009: Follistim and double IUI. We're pregnant!
- January 2010: It's twins. Two weeks later we found out our second son, Tittle, died.
The events below are covered in more detail on Gus--My Little Duck
- July 2010: Preterm contractions. Magnesium Sulfate. Hospital bedrest. At home bedrest.
- August 2010: Our third son is born at 38w4d!!
The events below are covered in more detail in my blog
- November 2012: Preconception Appointment
- December 2012: Begin working with the diabetes educator at the high-risk perinatal clinic to get my diabetes under better control before trying to conceive
- February 2013: Consultation with fertility doctor
- March 2013: Stop BCP and have a Miracle Month, where we try on our own, hoping for a miracle pregnancy, before starting fertility treatment
- April 2013: Appointment at fertility clinic to start treatment; discovered I ovulated all on my own.
- May 2013: IUI and TI
- June 2013: 2 positive HPT's on 13 and 14dpo, but beta came back at 22.5. Repeat beta at 18dpo came back at 3.7--chemical pregnancy, our firefly
- July 2013: Long stim cycle and IUI on August 4 and 5. CD1 was 12dpiui.
- August 2013-January 2014: On break (and bcp) while we wait for our appointment with a urologist for Jon and Jon begins meds to help his counts and motility.
- January 2014: IUI
- February 5, 2014: Postive HPT and Beta of 109.
- February 26, 2014: 7w u/s
- June 6, 2014: It's a girl! Her name is Lucy.
- October 10, 2014: After a successful induction at 39w2d Lucy arrived :)