Wednesday, April 16, 2014

It's been too long

I don't even know where to begin. It seems like life is moving at 200mph and 0mph all at the same time.

  • Jon successfully began his job the morning after I had a sleepless night due to extreme sinus pressure/pain to the point that my entire left upper jaw hurt.
  • We closed on the Iowa house on April 1, so that day we officially became owners of two homes. Our Wisconsin house is supposed to close at the end of this month, so I hope nothing stands in the way of that.
  • Gus and I attended Preschool Roundup last Friday at the elementary school where he will attend Pre-K and Kindergarten. It was so bittersweet to attend this 2-hour session for parents and kids. We know no one here, so scheduling playdates is not happening yet. We've only been here for three weeks, but it was so hard seeing Gus having fun playing with the other kids and in the classrooms knowing that if we don't start meeting people soon, he's going to be missing out on spending time with kids his own age. We did attend storytime at the library last week, but we need to miss the next three weeks due to appointments I have for me :( Gus is going to do so well in Pre-K, I can just tell. Without any prompting from me he started playing with the play-doh in the first classroom and talking with the teachers, during book time he was responding to the teacher's questions, and during the time that the kids were in the gym and the parents were meeting with the principal, he didn't even really care that I was gone...and one of the staff members complimented me on his wonderful manners. When Gus is having a good day, he's awesome.
  • Mama School still hasn't started, which makes me sad. That's what Gus was so excited for, but with the slow pace of unpacking, we haven't found all of his art supplies and writing utensils that I was planning on using for Mama School. Slowly but surely we will find them, but for Gus it's taking forever.
  • I'm very slowly adjusting to being a SAHM. I don't think that I'm doing the best in terms of house stuff, but I love spending my time with Gus. He does make me tired and exhausted, but I love him so much and am so grateful that I can spend this time with him. And with Jon's work schedule, he's usually home shortly after 4pm, so by the time dinner is done there's time for a Gus & Daddy walk, so Jon and Gus get their one-on-one time, too.
  • We had our first two appointments at the OB's office. We were supposed to have one on April 4, but we only saw the doctor for a few seconds so he could tell us that he wouldn't be able to meet with us (a different patient was in labor and at 8cm, so he needed to go deliver her baby). We asked the nurse if we could get at least a doppler, so she got a different doc (there are 4 in the practice) to do an u/s (it was really bad and on a machine that was 25 years old) and a doppler check. The next Wednesday (April 9, 13w) I got to meet with the doc, as Jon couldn't attend. He seems really nice, knows what he's talking about, but he's definitely not my high risk clinic back in Wisconsin. We will do P17 injections starting around 16w (I have enough prometrium to use as suppositories to last until 17w, so I may delay the injections until then. I'll wait and see what discussion we have at my next appointment on 4/23). We will be doing cervical length u/s from 16w through 21w. We will have an anatomy scan, and he said at least one more u/s. This is way fewer u/s than I was expecting and hoping for, but I think he didn't want to guarantee anything now that might change later. He did say that he treats each patient and each pregnancy differently, and will order whatever needs to be ordered for each pregnancy. So, I'm hoping that as we get farther along the doc will be more open to discussing when we'll get u/s and how often we'll do NST's and BPP's.

3 comments:

  1. Wow you have a lot on your plate. I hope the unpacking goes well and that you find everything you need for Mama School soon.

    I'm so glad the pregnancy is progressing without any complications. I hope that continues for the duration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are putting far to much pressure on yourself. Gus will make friends, and will have play dates it's just going to take some time. The house will get unpacked and put together but that too will take time. Mommy school, you're teaching Gus without even knowing it! Take a step back and stop beating yourself up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I'm putting pressure on myself, but I can't figure out how to stop! Everything just seems so overwhelming when I see all that needs to be done, so I end up not doing any of it. I try to set one goal a day, but even that is not attainable most days.

      Delete