- Jon continues to do well since his surgery. He is 6.5w post-surgery and he has lost almost 59lbs since his high weight and 39lbs since surgery. He continues to exercise every day and is sticking to his dietary guidelines.
- Since I started using MyFitnessPal 7 weeks ago, I've lost 7.4lbs. Being more aware of how much I'm actually eating is helping me eat less. And, when the weather is nice Lucy loves to go for stroller rides, so the exercise is helping, too. I still have days where I eat too many calories, according to MFP, but I'm okay with that. For the first time in a long time, I'm under 130lbs.
- After today, Gus only has 11 more days of school. I can't believe how quickly time is moving. We signed him up for t-ball this summer, so I'm hoping that it goes well for him. Tomorrow we sign him up for swim lessons. We've decided to go with only private lessons this summer instead of two sessions of group lessons and one session of private. With him still being 5 years old, and in a level 3 swimming class, Jon and I were both concerned that he'd socially be totally out of his element with a bunch of 8-9 year olds. Plus, he gets more out of private lessons than the group because of the one-on-one instruction.
- Lucy is 19 months old! How did that happen? Again, time is going too fast. Last Friday she went pee in the potty for the very first time. We are not pushing her to potty train, but we pulled out the potty chair when she began showing interest so we could begin with exposure, vocabulary and the process/routine of going potty. I know she's a long way from being out of diapers, but it's difficult to think about how quickly the last 19 months have been, and how quickly it will be before she's really not my baby anymore.
- Through a series of events, Jon and I have learned that we are both unhappy living where we do. Jon has reached out to his former employer in WI to see if there's a chance of him returning to work there. Nothing is guaranteed, but we are hoping that it all works out that we could be back in WI before Gus starts first grade and that I can continue being a SAHM. We will not move back without that. I feel awful for doing this to Gus. He had such a hard time making friends when we moved to IA, and now that he's made friends and is comfortable, we're going to take him away again. This might not be the case, especially since we have friends in WI who are also SAHM with kids that he used to go to daycare with, so I could set up a bunch of playdates over the summer, but I still feel guilty for making him transition again. We should hopefully hear something later this week, after Jon's direct supervisor is able to speak with his supervisor. Fingers crossed, please, that they want Jon back at a salary that works for us!
Monday, May 16, 2016
How did a whole month pass without a blog post when I was trying to post weekly? I don't know. Life, I suppose. A lot has been going on, and sometimes it's just too mentally taxing to thing through it.