Sunday, May 4, 2014

2014 International Bereaved Mother's Day

Today is International Bereaved Mother's Day. I'm glad that this day exists, but I wish it didn't have to.

Jon and Gus presented me with gifts last night, actually, because Jon said he wanted me to be able to use my gifts today. He and Gus went to Bath & Bodyworks. Jon told Gus a color that corresponded to each of our angels, and Gus picked out a shower gel for me in that color.


Oscar gave me Carried Away, Bella gave me Sweet Pea, Tittle gave me Beautiful Day and Firefly gave me Velvet Sugar. Jon then told me that I'm not allowed to store these soaps and wait to use them. I needed to put all of them in the shower right away and use them as my primary soaps, so that each day I can think of my kids as I get ready in the morning.

Then, Gus couldn't wait and wanted to give me what was supposed to be for next Sunday. Jon chose Mad About You, Gus gave me Forever Midnight and Bean gave me Japanese Cherry Blossom hand sanitizer, so that I don't get sick while Bean's growing.


This morning Gus and Jon let me sleep until 8am, woke me up and told me that I needed to get in the shower to get ready to go to breakfast. I heard Jon tell Gus that it was Heaven Mama's Day and that it was a special day for me and that we were going to a special brunch.

I am so grateful that Jon is so thoughtful and takes the time to find gifts that are representative of all our kids. I'm glad that Gus is learning that his siblings are still a part of our family. I just wish that they could be here to give me their own presents on Mother's Day.

See http://carlymarieprojectheal.com/2014/04/the-mother-hearts-project.html
for this image and others.

4 comments:

  1. How incredibly thoughtful of your husband and son. That is really love what they did for you.

    Sending love and light on this day, and always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Jon is definitely a keeper, and is teaching Gus wonderful ways to express his own love.

      Delete
  2. This put a tear in my eye! how very thoughtful of your husband and son! I am amazed:) I wish my husband was as thoughtful as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I asked Jon for any advice. He didn't grow up without a dad, so he never really had anyone to tell him, from a male perspective, how he should or shouldn't treat women. So, this has made him unashamed of tapping into his own emotions when deciding what gifts to give me. He suggested that you begin telling your husband what you want, and eventually he'll figure things out without input from you.

    ReplyDelete