- We had an appointment this morning (38w5d). I've progressed to 5cm, 80% effaced, -1 station. Doc is happy with what's happening with my cervix and thinks that if we get to the point of induction it will go well.
- Today is the most pregnancy I've ever been, as Gus was born at 38w4d.
- If Lucy doesn't come by Friday, we'll be induced. It will be IV antibiotics for my GBS+ status, then an NST, then an Oxytocin Challenge test. The doc did warn us that anything after that is dependent on what my body does and how Lucy responds.
- We're all hoping that she comes on her own before then.
- Gus is in for a world of change when Lucy arrives, but I'm hoping we all figure it out okay.
- He's doing well, I think, at school, and we have parent-teacher conferences at the end of this month, so we'll get more info from the teachers on how everything's going.
- Yesterday Jon was talking with Gus about his favorite things to do at the pool in the summer. Gus stated that next summer he wanted to hold Lucy on his lap and go down the water slide in the shallow section. I love that he's thinking of doing nice things for Lucy already.
- The artist emailed back and he's willing to do a commissioned piece!!!! Jon and I need to discuss some details and email him back, but I'm so thrilled that he's open to creating a piece representing our family.