Tuesday, May 3, 2022

It's been quite a while

 I cannot believe that it's been over 4 years since I've last written here. I'm sure any followers that I had are long gone, but I find myself needing to come back to this space. Our family moved, again, in July 2018, and are now Illinois residents. I'm still a SAHM, but I'm just finishing my first year as a member of the local board of education. Gus is now 11 and in 6th grade, while Lucy is now 7 and in 1st grade.

For now, let's just say that I did find antidepressants that I didn't negatively react to, but it turns out they weren't the best meds for me to be on, and the counselor I was seeing wasn't the right fit. So, I've been off of counseling and antidepressants since just before Christmas, and I started with a new psychiatrist and counselor in April. The psych started me on a different med (haven't been on it long enough to know if it's making a difference or if I'll react to is), and I've had two sessions with my new counselor. I didn't realize until a couple weeks ago just how much trauma I've been through in my life. Not just the losses of my kids, but other things, too. So, I've begun, slowly, to unravel the trauma...which I haven't actually done before. So, maybe I'll be writing here more often, and maybe I won't. But, tackling trauma is where I'm going.

No comments:

Post a Comment