Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween 2012

Yesterday was fun, sad and bittersweet. Three families and ours came together for dinner and trick-or-treating. There were 11 people in our group, one parent missing due to work, and 11 children that we all were missing and wishing could be trick-or-treating with us.
 
What any passerby noticed was a mob of people: 7 parents and 4 children. What they didn’t see was the missing and longing that, I know, was in my eyes as I watched my little Gus trick-or-treating for the first time. Gus had fun, he eventually took his costume off because it impeded his ability to run, but I missed my other kids. We never planned costumes for Oscar, Bella and Tittle. They never had the chance.

What did make the pain ease a little bit was seeing Gus carry his giraffe basket, which was a gift from one of the parents in our group. In this little way, Oscar and Bella were able to trick-or-treat, too. And Tittle? Well, Tittle is sneaky. One of the rainbows in our group was dressed up as a dragon…a GREEN dragon. Tittle decided he wanted to trick-or-treat with him this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment