Monday, February 6, 2017

#Microblog Monday: Today was a good day

There is a lot of negativity in our world. For whatever reason, I was able to take on a new perspective today.

I may not completely fit the definition, but I felt awesome today. This morning I had three tasks I wanted to complete before Lucy's nap was done. By the end of her nap, I had completed them, and through one I completed another task not on my high-priority list.

So, in this world where we are constantly told that we aren't enough, that we don't get enough done, that our efforts are not enough, I'm going to celebrate accomplishing what I wanted to accomplish today: placing Gus' and Lucy's pizza dinner order, scheduling a haircut for Gus, contacting the city to get an extra recycling bin with the bonus of finding out how to get rid of Jon's broken recumbent bike.

Did you have any victories today?

6 comments:

  1. I'm trying to have some victories. Glad today was a good day for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Small victories are still victories.

      Delete
  2. Every moment of life is a victory. It sounds trite, but I really believe it. I grew up where parents were proud of you and supportive of you but only told their friends, rarely their kids. So I try to be much more aware of all of the little achievements to be proud of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so great. Not that your parent were proud but didn't share with you, but that you are actively looking for achievements, no matter how big or small.

      Delete
  3. Got to have lunch with my cousin AND got to pick up on time. Wasn't sure I was going to accomplish that. Congratulations on checking off your to-do list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great, and lunch out sounds wonderful :)

      Delete