Monday, October 31, 2016

Capture Your Grief 2016-Day 31: Sunset Reflection

This post is part of Carly Marie's Capture Your Grief.

On this last day, take some time out to watch the sunset from wherever you are in the world and reflect on this last month. How do you feel? What have you learned? What did you dislike? What did you like?

As the sun set tonight, I didn't watch the sunset. Instead I was walking with a little moose who just wanted to keep up with her big brother Spiderman. In past years, I would have gotten down on myself for missing the sunset, missing the focus on the kids who aren't here and are missing Halloween. instead, I was with Lucy and Gus. My life and joys go on and come from them and Jon. I am learning to be more forgiving of myself and tr not to berate myself if I don't stop and focus on what I'm missing. Some days I'm better at this than others, but that is life with grief. Taking each day as it comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment