Thursday, October 13, 2016

Lucy is 2 and I am 36

Lucy and I have both had our birthdays. I simply cannot believe she is 2, and I can't believe I'm 36.

Now, don't get the wrong impression. Just because I'm closer to 40 than I am to 30 does not mean I'm having a stereotypical reaction to this and I need to start dying my hair, get a new husband and completely change my life. I don't know that I'll ever dye my hair. I don't need a new husband and I need to work on the same stuff in my life that I've always needed to work on, so nothing new just because of the new age. I just don't FEEL like I'm 36. Granted, never having been this age before I guess I really don't know what it feels like to be it. But, I digress. I just don't know where all the time has gone. Some days, I still feel like I could be 20. How can 16 years have passed since then?

And Lucy! She is so 2. She is a talker and a runner and a climber and a tantrum-thrower and a sweetheart. Everything a 2-year-old is supposed to be. And again, I just don't know how quickly 2 years has passed.

Jumping and playing with her balloon shortly before her party

Everyone needs a bowl for a hat, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment