Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Capture Your Grief 2016-Day 4: Support Circles

This post is part of Carly Marie's Capture Your Grief.

Have you felt supported in this journey of grief and healing? Maybe it is a friend, family member or organization that has been there for you. Share how they have helped you and let them know how grateful you are.

It goes without saying that the Bereaved Parents of Madison support group was exactly what I needed when Jon and I started going. But, I want to point out one person in particular who really touched me, especially early on, in her support of my grief. She would let me talk. She would ask me questions, not to judge how I was grieving, but to understand why I was doing what I was doing. She remembers my kids, has made donations in their memory, has attended the remembrance ceremony the year we invited her, babysat Gus for us so Jon and I could attend one year. She is okay with me when I'm sad or crying and doesn't try to get me to stop .She just lets me do what I do with my grief and accepts that it is part of me. So, thank you, my sister Heather.

No comments:

Post a Comment