I tested this morning (8dpo) and the line was lighter than the day before, so I decided that I'm done testing.
I don't know for sure why my 6dpo test came back negative, but I'm going to try to ride it out until the official HPT next Thursday. I think it helps that I worked out all that energy yesterday with calculations and chart making. We have many activities planned for this weekend, so that should keep my mind off everything, Tuesday I have lunch with a friend that knows we're trying, and then, hopefully, it will be Thursday before I know it.
Of course, I could completely change my mind on any given day and test just for kicks and giggles. I really hope I'm able to make it through the rest of this 2ww without testing, but only time will tell how I do. I think I'm making the right decision, though, in stopping. I was hoping for that miracle of testing everyday, getting a positive and having it stay positive, but that didn't happen. Now, I'm left with a choice. Do I continue testing every day, wishing and hoping for that 2nd line, then trying to rationalize why the 2nd line didn't appear, or do I just try my hardest to be patient?
I don't think it helps right now that I have two friends who recently brought home babies:
1. Oldest is a little boy who just turned 3, and they just brought their little girl home from the NICU.
2. Oldest is in heaven with our kids, second is a little boy a couple months younger than Gus, and they just had their little girl two days ago.
So, both families have a boy and girl at home, which is what I'm hoping for. For those of you reading, please send patience and a positive test my way?