Monday, July 29, 2013

A Very Busy Weekend

A lot has happened since my last post.

I've been taking my follistim injections and trying to take them in parts of my body that would not have much scar tissue to potentially help with absorption.

I had my A1C test done and it came back at 6.1!!!!! I'm so thrilled, compared with my last results of 7.2 three months ago. (My clinic wants these results less than 6.5 prior to conception and throughout pregnancy).

I finalized Gus' birthday party invitations. Jon printed and cut them and we got them out in the mail.

We had Oscar's and Bella's birthday party. The house was loud and chaotic; I loved it. The noise level was what I think the noise level would be if we really did get to host a birthday party for twin 4-year-olds. I miss them so much.

Gus had his second soccer practice: adorable!

We brought Gus to his first baseball game. While it rained and was cold, he still had a great time.

We took Gus bowling for the first time. I think he had fun. We'll see what he says when we ask him if he wants to go again.

Gus played in his first soccer game! I think, overall, for a brand-new team they did pretty well. They played against a team of 4-year-olds that have been playing together for a year, so that put us at a disadvantage, but I think the kids all had fun; I know I did.

We had another u/s this morning. Estrogen is up to 413.2, lining is at 8.72 and Dr. P measured 4 follicles: 9.04, 9.02, 8.27 and 7.02. Prior to knowing the estrogen level, she said that she was concerned about the growth pattern, because the follicles were all growing uniformally, without one breaking away. Now that the estrogen is in, at a much higher level than 5 days ago, I don't know that they're going to increase my dose. This is going to make things very interesting, since Jon will be out of the state 8/4-8/9. He forcefully scheduled this trip for that week because we thought that we would IUI 7/26-7/28. Now, we may have to use frozen sperm, which has a lower success rate. Grrr... Our next appointment is already scheduled for Thursday morning, so hopefully we'll be able to IUI before Jon leaves on Sunday.

Waiting....Waiting....Waiting for dosing instructions.

***************

So, we're keeping my dose the same at 100units of follistim and we're going in on Wednesday instead of Thursday. I'm hoping that this is a good sign that we're going to get some rapid growth on one of these follicles! I'm also hoping that this means Jon will get to be here for the IUI's.

I looked at all of my past cycles to see how much my follicles grew between appointments. The range was from 1.23mm/day to 2.53mm/day. Based on Mr. Internet, 1-2mm/day is considered normal. So, depending on how my follicles grow, we could trigger anywhere from July 31 to August 6.

Please, please let one follicle break into the lead and grow quickly and strongly so that Jon can be present during the IUI. Please, please let this cycle be the one that leads to our second rainbow.

No comments:

Post a Comment