So, I got home last night around 6pm, was greeted by Jon and Gus and took my follistim kit out of the refrigerator so I could check the log. My cartridge was at -25 units...
So, I was totally wrong in how much follistim I had available last night. I had already used 325 units out of the 300 unit cartridge that I was sent. There was no way there was another 125 units in that cartridge. Jon suggested that maybe we call some local friends of ours who used fertility treatments to conceive to see if they had any leftover follistim. They did not have any follistim, but did have Gonal-F. Never having taken Gonal-F, I wasn't sure if the dosing was the same, but she indicated that it was different. We also weren't sure if it was okay to go back and forth between the two meds during the same cycle or if the docs would be okay with that.
Jon and I talked. There was no guarantee that we would receive the Indy follistim today, and we thought it better to be cautious. So, I ended up taking nothing last night. We figured it would be simple enough to just shift my injection schedule by one day than take one injection and then be up a creek. Plus, we really did not want to be put into the situation of trying to find follistim locally for twice the price that I already paid.
I also called FedEx, prior to making the final decision. My package left the Indy facility at 5:52pm, with hopes that it would be delivered today before 3pm. As of 6:30am today, there was no updated tracking information, and I didn't want to call the RE's office to reschedule when I didn't have the follistim in-hand. At 7:30am my package had been scanned and was on the truck and out for delivery! I called RE's office at 8:30am to explain what had transpired (I did not take any medication, I need to shift my schedule to either an appointment on Sunday or Monday, even though a Monday appointment would necessitate review by the doc to change the dosing information in my file).
The front desk seemed clueless. I know that for most people (i.e. ovulatory people) cycle days matter and changes in schedule could really mess something up. Not so for me, especially since I have started meds yet. Today is actually CD65 and nothing's going on in those ovaries. It doesn't truly matter when I start these injections since any day could really be CD3 for me. It's really an easy thing. Either keep my dosing the same and just shift everything one day (injections on Fri/Sat instead of Thurs/Fri with u/s on Sun instead of Sat) or change my dosing and have me take 125
units on Friday, Saturday and Sunday with an appointment on Monday.
So, now I wait. It's now almost 1:15pm and I have had no call back about when to reschedule my appointment. I understand, in my brain, that the mornings are filled with patients, u/s and IUI's, and then it's lunch, but that doesn't make the time go by any faster as I wait! I figure if I don't get a call by 2:30pm I'll give the clinic another call.
At 2pm my phone rang; the CNA was returning my message from this morning. I recapped everything for her, reiterating that my CD didn't really matter and presented the two options of shifting everything one day or changing my meds. She said, as expected, she would need to review with a doctor and get back to me. So, I wait again.
At 4:15pm I called RE's office to inquire how late messages were returned. I got the "our office is currently closed" message. I could feel my anxiety increase. I kept trying to think rationally that just because the office was closed, it didn't mean the medical staff was gone. They had to have some built-in time after the office closed to work on updating patient notes, return calls and call in prescriptions. Yet, with each passing minute I kept getting more and more nervous. Finally, around 4:30pm my phone rang! I'm to take 125 units of follistim tonight and tomorrow and go in on Sunday. So, just as I thought. I just wish it didn't take ALL DAY to resolve.