Saturday, October 12, 2013

Capture Your Grief Day 12: Article

This post is part of Carly Marie's Capture Your Grief.

 Have you read an article about grief that you would love to share with everyone?

An article that really touched me recently regarding grief is "The Two Sides of Parenting Again After the Loss of a Child" by Mike Sphor. The article discusses the two sides that are always present when parenting a rainbow. There are two excerpts that struck me most.

  1. "Everyone loves a happy ending, but there can never be one after the loss of a child."
  2. "It's wonderful to congratulate them on this happy turn in the road, but it's also good to be sympathetic to the sadness they're undoubtedly feeling. Also, don't be afraid to mention the child or pregnancy that was lost. The parents of rainbow babies like to hear that our losses aren't forgotten, and appreciate those who celebrate the rainbow while remembering the rain that brought it."

Yes, I love Gus. I'm thrilled there he's here, alive, running around, learning new things, making me laugh, smile and be silly with him. I love him to the stars and back. I would trade my life for his, if needed, but none of that takes away that fact that I feel the exact same way about ALL of my kids.

Just because I am outwardly laughing with Gus because he's being super goofy, doesn't mean that there isn't a part of me, inside, that is crying because Oscar, Bella and Tittle will never be here with me making me laugh, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment