Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Capture Your Grief Day 23: Tattoos/Jewellery

This post is part of Carly Marie's Capture Your Grief.

Do you have a piece of jewellery in memory of your baby? Or maybe a tattoo.

Every day I wear jewelry that represents my kids. When I see these these pieces, hear the bracelets clank against my keyboard as I type or adjust my necklace or bracelets, it feels like it's one of my kids saying hello to me.

  • I have a pair of ruby earrings that I wear for Oscar and Bella (July).
  • I have a pair of peridot and green garnet earrings that I wear for Tittle and Gus (January and August).
  • I have a necklace that Jon gave me on our first anniversary that is called a Circle of Love. Jon has since replaced four of the diamonds with two rubies, one green garnet and one peridot.
  • I have a bracelet that my sister gave me the day before Oscar's and Bella's Memorial Service. The bracelet has a heart. On one side Oscar's name is engraved and the other side has Bella's name engraved.
  • I have a Pandora bracelet that I will add to to be more of a family bracelet rather than just the kids. At present, it has one bead and one charm for Oscar, Bella, Tittle and Gus.
  • I have my pregnancy and infant loss awareness ribbon pin.
Pretty much all the jewelry that I wear, except for 4 earrings, my wedding ring and my MedicAlert bracelet are for my kids. When Jon decided he was going to get a tattoo for Oscar and Bella, it took me a little bit to decide what I was going to do for them. Then it occurred to me. I NEEDED a pair of ruby earrings. I needed to have two individuals that were part of a pair, just like Oscar and Bella. After Gus was born, and his birthstone was set, it was Jon who discovered green garnets. In this way, I could still have my twins who were apart, together.

I love wearing my jewelry. As stated above, every time I need to adjust a piece or catch a glimpse in the mirror, or when I'm putting them on in the morning, or taking them off at night, it's another opportunity to think of them.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your story, and thanks for your kind comments on my blog! I'm so very sorry for all your losses.
    I'm thinking about getting earrings to remember my twins, but still need to keep looking until I find something that seems just right, as do your rubies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome...and thank you. You WILL KNOW when you've realized what it is to get for your sweeties; it will just feel right.

      Delete
  2. new follower here, just wanted to say Hi and thanks for sharing your story. My blog is: www.auntmimi2010.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, and thanks for letting me know you're a new follower! I've been super behind on reading my blogs, but over the next couple weeks I'll definitely be getting caught up on yours. From you TTC timeline it looks like you've been through quite a rollercoaster, both with yourself and your loss, but also having to change medical providers. No good, at all.

      Delete