Saturday, October 5, 2013

Capture Your Grief Day 5: Memory

This post is part of Carly Marie's Capture Your Grief.

What memory do you have of your child that stands out for you the most. It may be a positive or negative memory. When you think of your child what is the first memory that comes to your mind?

This is a very difficulty question for me to answer. So difficult, in fact, that I contemplated skipping today. When I think of my children that aren't here, what comes to mind are not memories. I only had two weeks between when we knew Tittle was in our family and when we found out he died, so I have very few memories of him. With Oscar and Bella, while I do have some memories from their pregnancy, I have so many more memories that I've created in honor of them than I have with them.

When I think of Oscar, Bella and Tittle, I don't really have one specific memory that comes back. It's more a visual and emotional overload. Visuals of the food pantry where we've donated food, the bench at the park that has their names on it, the colors we associate with them and the emotions I have when I'm positively taken by surprise when I see or hear something that reminds me of any of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment