Friday, October 25, 2013

Capture Your Grief Day 25: #SayItOutLoud

This post is part of Carly Marie's Capture Your Grief. 

Say It Out Loud is The STILL Project’s famous hashtag. STILL is a feature-length documentary film project aimed at breaking the cycle of silence surrounding pregnancy and infant loss. If you could say anything out loud about your journey with grief with the death or your baby, what would it be? What do you want the world to know? Is there a cause that touches your heart that you want to raise awareness for?

I have no picture for today, because there are so many different things I want to say about my journey with grief.
  • Just because I'm sad doesn't mean I'm depressed.
  • Some people will need anti-depressants on their journey; that's okay.
  • I'm not always sure what support I need.
  • The best way to support me is to listen when I need to talk and to get me tissues when I need to cry.
  • Understand that I'm a completely different person, and I don't know who that is all the time.
  • Just because I laugh, it doesn't mean I'm happy.
  • I can be happy and sad in the same moment, and that's okay.
  • It's okay to not be overjoyed to hear a pregnancy or birth announcement.
  • I'm allowed to grieve in whatever manner I want, as long as I'm not hurting myself.
  • I'll never be "the old me".
  • Let me parent my children. It looks different than parenting a living child, but that's okay.
  • I will cry. For the rest of my life there will be times I will break out in tears. Sometimes I'll know why and other times I won't. It's okay for me to cry.
  • I'm always thinking of my kids...always.
  • As long as I live, I will be living with grief. Sometimes it will be loud and other times silent, but it's always there.
  • My address book has changed. At first, I was saddened by that, as if felt I was losing more than I already had. Now, I'm okay with that.
  • No matter what, my kids are loved--for who they are and how they changed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment