Monday, October 14, 2013

Capture Your Grief Day 14: Family

This post is part of Carly Marie's Capture Your Grief.

What does your family look like now? Is it just yourself carrying your child's heart in yours? Do you have other children? A partner? A pet?

What does my family look like? It depends on whose eyes you look through.

To the person we pass on the street, we are just a family of 3, as they do not know that we have children in our hearts, but not in our arms.

To, I think, some members of my family, we are a family of 5, as they don't feel an attachment to Tittle or Firefly.

To me, we are a family of 6.5: Jon, Oscar, Bella, Tittle, Gus and me...and Firefly. I'm still trying to sort out how/when Firefly fits into our family, and I think I'll be trying to figure that our for a long while.

To me, we are a family. We are separated and broken, but our love holds us together. To Heaven and back.

No comments:

Post a Comment